Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Projects...

If there's one thing we do alot of in this house it's PROJECTS! Here are our latest ones... birdhouses, which the kids did for co-op the other day. Pinky has hers hanging off the tree in our front yard.


We also made Ice Cream In A Bag. It was very cool! Each kid can make and eat there own! I don't have a good pic of that, but you give each kid a ziplock bag (normal size) and fill it with 1/2 c. of half and half, 1 TBSP. sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Then SEAL the bag! In a gallon size ziplock bag put enough ice to fill about 3/4ths, then add 6 TBSP of rock salt. Put the smaller bag inside the bigger and, then roll around on the counter for 5 minutes! Take smaller bag out of salt and rinse thoroughly in water then eat.
All the kids loved this one!

I also attempted something I've never tried before, we made homemade crayons. Just peel all your old crayons, color code them, and bake at 200 degrees until melted. it took about 15 minutes. Then pop in the fridge for like 10 more to cool them.



Try these at home, they were fun!

4 comments:

pdore said...

Great idea with the crayons - I was never sure what to do with all of those old stubs.

Anne said...

Very cool idea! I think those would be super cool in the nursery where the kids are always breaking crayons! :) The snow looks so fun also! Fun stuff!

Tami said...

Looks like you've been busy. We've done the icecream one a few times. My dad LOVES it, but who doesn't like homemade icecream in 5 minutes?

Em said...

These are so cool! I wish I had time to do more crafty stuff with the boys. I have actually done the crayon thing with them - although we just did one little cup, a whole muffin tin is a great idea. I love the homemade ice cream, though. Maybe we'll give that a try this weekend. Although I worry about the ice and rock salt puncturing the small ziplock bag. My poor guys will probably end up with salty, soggy cream. Ha!