Saturday, June 13, 2009

Swim Team

Elle has been in summer team for about 2 weeks now and this morning was their first 'time trials' where each kid has to get timed in different swim strokes. Today is Saturday and the trials began at 7 o'clock in the morning! Luckily the weather was great and the coaches provided breakfast. Which was good because we were there for 3 hours and left at 10. Even when we left though, the older kids were still doing stuff, and the trails were going strong!
I had to take Pinky with me this time which was okay. She did very well and cheered at all the right times!

Here it was at the beginning:




Here's Elle about to dive...can you tell which one is her?




Even though Pinky did great, she didn't take kindly to be waking up at 6:30am, so she snoozed on my lap for about 30 minutes at the pool.


Swimming makes a person hungry!:




I was so proud of Elle today! Even after 3 hours, I thought she was going to collapse, but she came up to me and said "It is time to go yet?... Because I don't want to go! I want to stay and swim longer!" What a trooper! She wasn't anywhere near the fastest for her age group, but she has accomplished the one thing I set out for her to accomplish which is, she will never drown and is completely confident in the water! With the added bonus of her LOVING the water!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yeah. Glad to see you are back to blogging! I wondered what had happened. Looks like the swim meet was fun. Our kids are doing swim team too.