Thursday, November 12, 2009

Report cards

Well, both the kids got their report cards this week. Well, Pinkys was more of an evaluation...
Pinky's said she is focusing on learning letters/numbers, learning to write with a pencil and cut with scissors! She makes friends easily and her favorite toy is the vetrinary bin!
Elle did fantastic! Her teacher said I did a great job homeschooling her. I said I wasn't so sure sometimes, LOL! But apparently she is one of the best readers in the class, and has a mature sense of 'higher order thinking' she called it. She tried explaining it, it made sense at the time, but it wont make sense if I try to explain it on here! She also got the highest math score in the class. The teacher said she doesn't give out high grades for math very often, but Elle is exceeding, YIPPEE!!!
Her report card showed her exceeding in most things with a few 'on level' sprinkled in there.
I'm so happy, I wasn't sure what to expect with this first report card since being back in school.
Eric gave a couple bucks for each A and A+ she got... he gave her 26 bucks. Man, was she excited, you'd think she'd win the lottery!

3 comments:

Bell said...

WOW! Way to go, guys! You must have been a great home teacher, Ryann!

Em said...

I'm so proud of all you guys! And $26 sounds like the lottery to me, too! Ha! Let's ALL go to Disneyland for Thanksgiving.

Anne said...

WOW~ I think my kids are going to bring their report cards to uncle Eric's house...ha ha! Way to go Elle.