Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Job

I've been really busy lately! As soon as the kids started school, I went full force into finding a job. I spent hours a day sending out my polished resume! I had 3 interviews and got all three jobs... I narrowed it down to 2, then from there made my final decision.
I started working this week.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's at a cosmetology school I worked at several years ago. Doing basically the same thing I left off doing when I left! I am teaching the Core class (the new students up until they have 350 hours, then they move onto the clinical part of their schooling... but while their new, I have em!)

I work almost 30 hours a week and the schedule works out great with the my girls' school schedule. I'm extremely happy and feel right at home there! I feel like I never left... except they are now ALOT more busy and they are also a Paul Mitchell School now (YAY!) which I love because I graduated from a Paul Mitchell school and really like their system. When I taught as this school before, they were just a normal cosmetology school, so they have definitely raised the bar and made things alot more professional! The students tuition has also gone up from 7,500 to 17,500!!! I'm so glad I went to school when I did because Paul Mitchell Schools are super expensive now and when I went it was only 5,000!

My dress code (all PM dress codes) are black. I didn't really have alot of black stuff, so I've been shopping alot! It's fun to dress up everyday again and look... not like a mom!
Plus the added bonus of having great hair all the time!

So, with the kids in school, me working and Eric, who has some very exciting things going on (not sure if he'll let me post anything yet... I'll have to ask him first!)... we have a pretty different dynamic all the sudden!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the job and new excitement. I'm still waiting for a pic of your darker hair!!

Anne said...

Awesome sista!

sheri said...

I've been meaning to ask over on bbc if you'd been given that job you were wanting a few weeks ago. Is this the one or did you end up going with something different than you'd originally thought? I'm excited for you! Now show us a picture of YOUR hair, dangit.

Em said...

Yay Ryann! I'm so proud of you. I bet you'll be a great teacher. : )