Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School!

This was it! My baby's first day of Kindergarten... it was bittersweet. She was so excited and it helped that her sister and sisters best friend were there holding her hand. Elle was really nervous to start 3rd grade, she said she wished she could stay in 2nd grade forever.

I had a fun time buying her school supplies! I have memories of starting school with the boring school stuff; boring wooden rulers, plain yellow pencils, white notebook paper... I would see the cool kids with their popular glitzy/glittery colorful tools, and I wanted them SO bad! One girl in particular came to school with hot pink notebook paper... I would have given my right arm to have that pink paper back then!
So, now that I have my own kids (and lucky for me they're girls and like the pink glitzy stuff AND because all that stuff that was popular when I was in school, is popular again today!) we have a ball picking stuff out!

I basically let them have free reign and they bought the coolest of everything they could see. They can never say I never let them buy trendy things, because that's ALL I buy them, LOL! Is that the best thing to do if I want to raise price conscience kids? Definitely not! But I want them the have the best experience they can have and if buying a pale pink, glitter, lock box with hearts and mirrors all over it instead of a standard pencil box will help... then I'm going to do it!

SO, here come the pictures! Here they are eating their breakfast this morning. I think they were too nervous to eat because neither one wanted to eat anything... very unusual for them!


Pinky all set to go!

Both my girls about to head off into the big, bad world of Elementary school.


Trekking to the bus stop


Elle's best friend lives a couple houses away, stopping at her house to pick her up is part of the routine.


Right before the bus comes.


Getting onto the bus... I *may* have gotten a little teary eyed here.

I'm excited to get updates on how the day went!

1 comment:

Em said...

Oh my gosh! You send her on the bus to kindergarten? That would be so hard. Poor Momma. Jack is starting his new preschool next week (a private school that goes all the way to 12th grade! Ahhh!) He's started getting nervous, but I think it helped having his brother visit the school with him this weekend. I'm sure Elle will take good care of Pinkie.