Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chores

So after a long time of researching various chore charts (ei: thinking about it once in a while and looking them up online, but not being impressed with what I saw). I decided to make my own!

The left side is Belles side and the right side is Pinkys side. They each have their own color coded clothes pins. Each morning, their chores have their colored pins next to them. When they finish a chore, they can flip the pin over to the blank side (as you can see one of the pins on the left is flipped over). Before bedtime they get to pick a gem for each chore completed and stick them into a jar. At the end of the week, they get a dime for each gem they have. (uncompleted chores gets a dime taken away).

So far they love it! The gems are their favorite part! And they aren't cheap plastic gems, these are really nice beautiful ones we've collected for the kids over the course of last year... this was the perfect time to bring them out and use them! I swear though, our kids LOVE gems, crystals, shiny things... so these were a hit. I think moreso then getting the dimes afterwards.

2 comments:

Em said...

I love that! I've had a hard time finding a chart that I like, as well. Finn's class just celebrated their hundredth day of school by bringing in 100 small things to fill in a 100-chart. Finn brought in all of his jewels that we've collected for him over the past couple of years, only in his case, it's pirate treasure. Arrrrrr!

Julie Wiley said...

What a great idea! We've tried a few different chore charts but have not found one we really like. Maybe I'll try a version of yours.