Sunday, February 8, 2009

I've been waiting for this day

Seven years I've been dreaming of this day! I've been slowly working up to it over time. What is it you ask? Why only the best day in a parents life!!! The day your kids can take over VACCUUMING!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE a vacuumed house! I like to see vacuum lines always! this past week I've been out of commission as far as cleaning, cooking and definitely pushing around a vacuum. It has been making me crazy seeing footprints all over the carpet.
We have a Dyson vacuum that I love, but it was hard to move up and down the stairs on other floors. So, hubby bought two smaller Eureka vacuums. So we now have one on each floor! And it's small enough that Belle can totally use it! Today I decided to try it out!
I asked her to get it and plug it in. She's tried before with the big Dyson vacuum and it was just too big and heavy for her. But these smaller ones are perfect! She vacuumed the whole living room and basement stairs. I've been waiting a LONG time to dole out chores of this magnitude. Sure, she can clear the table and make her own bed... but now I can have her vacuum!!! Do you know how much time this frees up for me?? Soon, I'll have to teach Pinky how to do the laundry, then my evil plan will be complete!
I love being a parent! HA!

2 comments:

Tami said...

We'll have to have her teach this trick to Porter when we move back. Hope the healing is going well. Megan told me about your early bday present.

pdore said...

That was a hilarious post!! I can't wait until our guys can reach the dishes, etc. either!! In fact, I think we need to get them jobs pretty soon so we can retire ;) Seriously though, I think that even though they complain a little, the kids really like having responsibility around the house - and it does make it easier!