Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Field Trip

Normally field trips are on Fridays, but this week we had it on Monday. We went to the Planetarium and Science Lab in Frederick (which I never even knew existed until yesterday). Wow, it was by far MY favorite one of the year so far. I am fascinated my space and stars, so for me it was SUPER fun. Oh wait... this was for the kids, ahem...

It was started off with a 45 minute class about astronauts and space travel. The guy who taught made it really fun, he had a way with kids, they were hanging off his every word. It was very interactive and filled with real stories and facts. Just very fun!



Then we entered the planetarium itself, where we learned about constellations and how to tell them apart. He included stories and myths about them that were told hundreds of years ago as to how they each got there names. Wow, the kids loved that too! The hallway to exit the planetarium was a glow hallway, with glowing constellations all over the walls. But the kids were more fascinated with how their clothing and teeth glowed.

THEN, there was a science lab where we got to explore all things science! Rock formation, local sea life, weather, mirco organisms, the list can go on... it was very hands on and the kids jumped from one station to station.





And the best part was... it was only TWO dollars per kid and adults were free! What a deal! I'm going back... probably several more times.

After the awesome field trip we all caravaned to the park and ate lunch (which seems to a be a regular after field trips these days with the Spring weather). Elle found a tree to climb (her new favorite hobby... climbing everything that looks climbable).

3 comments:

Em said...

Oh my gosh, how fun! The boys would LOVE that. I wish we could go with you guys.

pdore said...

I agree with the above person. That museum looks really cool...and cheap!! Also, great last picture with all of the pinkness!

The Kindle Family said...

Hello RyAnn, It's great to hear from you! I can't believe you recognized me! I do remember your little brother Christopher, right? Well That's cool that you found me and I would love to stay in touch with you!
Melanie Kindle