Tuesday, May 5, 2009

County Review

Yesterday I had my Homeschool County Review. This is done twice a year. I am required to show a portfolio of completed and dated work showing a progression for all the following subjects:

English
Reading
Health
Math
Science
History
Writing
Spelling
Art
Music
Physical Ed.

Even though I know I do a great job and I have all the requirements, it's still nerve racking. Sort of like being graded!
The reviewer looks through each piece and asks questions about them, it's pretty detailed. It's either a pass or a fail (compliant or noncompliant). If you are found to be noncompliant, then the county can require you to enroll your child back in public school. I was (obviously) compliant, and the reviewer said I was doing a fantastic job! PHEW...

We are nearing the end of the year and I'm excited for summer! We are on track to finish school by mid June!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, you are doing a fantastic job.

Love mom

Em said...

Congratulations! That sounds really nerve-wracking. It sounds like they hold you to higher standards than the schools.