Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lots O Pics

Elle had her end of the year Girl Scout trip to D.C a few weekends ago, Naomi and I tagged along. The bad part about going to D.C with a group is that the group gets there by taking the Metro... I despise the Metro and usually, when I go with the kids, I drive in. But with large groups, Metro is the way they go. So I had to suffer through the train rides! The good part was that it was alot of fun! Perfect weather and lots to see.
Here's a picture of Elle with her troop. All these girls are 8, I don't know why Elle is so short! I don't look at her and think she's a shorty but she is teeny in this group of girls.

After hiking around outside, the kids made me stop at a vendor and get 10 dollar Popsicles!


Even though Pinky is too big for a stroller, she still gets worn out and I had to carry a sleeping (almost) 5 year old for several hours. She fell asleep twice during our outing and boy was she tough to carry. Here I am sitting down for a minute with her because she was killing my back. Ah, the joys of motherhood!

What fun outing post wouldn't be complete without our hiking pictures! It's hot enough now that we can stop and play in the lake. I don't know who loves it more, the kids or the dog!

lake swimming

Eric didn't mind getting his shorts wet, so he took them father then I did.

Satisfied after an eventful swim

This is what a wet Loki looks like!

Heading back to the car...



3 comments:

The Pastry Mama said...

I can't believe how big the girls are getting! It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was there...and then I realize that it's been a year and a half since I left. WOW!

It's funny that you hate the train. That is one of the things that I loved...and do love about bigger cities, is the convenience of public transportation. My car would sit for weeks at a time when I was there. Same when we lived in Seattle. I really hate that people are so married to their cars here in Utah. No wonder there is such pollution here.

Anyway, I love to see the pics of your beautiful family.

Em said...

I love trains too! I wish we had a better metro system here in LA, but I'm glad we're slowly catching up. Sometimes we take the boys on the train to the Downtown LA Library. They love it.

It's nice to see your summer pictures starting, though. Your girls are so sweet!

Unknown said...

I love your new picts! It's hard to choose one for my desktop. I love you guys!!!

Mom