Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas

So, after 5 Christmas's together, we finally have a theme for our holiday decorations. We've been using decorations that we both liked, but none of it really fit together. Well, last year we decided that we both loved red and silver together. Thus, our theme was born. I went to all the after Christmas sales and got all the red/silver things I could find. This year I finally got to use it! Our tree looks better then it's ever looked (well, the tree id also the BEST tree we've ever had as well. We got it from Frontgate during an after Christmas sale last year... so this was our first year using it and we LOVE it). Almost everything we have is either ALL red and silver, or mostly red and silver. We have a few that contradict our theme, but go well anyway.

Here Belle is comforting Pinky because an ordament she was putting on kept falling off.

Here are some decorations I made. This is in the foyer.

This one I got already made, but decided the spruce it up a bit by adding the red ribbon. This is on our front door.

Here is the gingerbread house the kids made last night!

Oh, here's a picture of our kitchen window. I made the candy canes and tress with felt. I was bored one night! Notice the red ordaments hanging on the garland... man, I'm clever!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Looks like lots of fun! You do a great job matching.

pdore said...

Nice choice of colors!! It looks like you guys are really getting into the Christmas season. The gingerbread house looks delicious!

Papa said...

I love your theme. As always, so creative and fun! And the girls must have had a ball making the gingerbread.