Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my 4th wedding anniversary!! Hubby and I have been together for 5 years! Since it's a weekday, we are only going to go out to dinner with the kids tonight for a small celebration... we'll do something bigger this weekend! As for tonight though we are going to Melting Pot. I think the kids will like it. I know will!

I had a really good day today. Our homeschool co-op ended up being at my place today instead of it's usual place, which is totally fine, but I had to get ready! I got up to work out at 5am (I shower at the gym), so I got back home at 7am and was VERY busy until co-op started at 10:30. I cleaned like crazy, I had to make paper mache for the class I was teaching (the recipe was botched, so I had to re-make it), I had to vaccuum and mop the floors, and I made a new bread recipe I got from a friend. It was literally foolproof! I've attempted bread before and it never seems to work out, but this was seriously the easiest I've ever made...also super delicious! It seemed really fast aswell. I started about 8am and had hot baked bread by 10:00am.


Co-op started at 10:30 and everyone commented on how awesome my house smelled. :)
As I mentioned earlier, the classs I taught paper mached boxes to take home. It was a beautiful day and we were lucky enough to be able to do it out on the patio. I only had 3 students in my class because two of the co-op familes weren't able to make it. So, we only had 11 kids total today instead of the normal 17. Here's a picture of some of them during lunch time. Like I said it was SOO beautiful outside!


Melting Pot... or Bust!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Wow! Congrats on your anniversary! The Melting Pot is super fun! You need to send me the recipe for the bread. I can't seem to make any that turns out right!

Lynn said...

You are a super mom!

Bethany said...

Happy Anniversary!

Happily Ever After said...

Hi! It's Debra from BBC, it's fun to see some homeschooling stuff you're doing! I love those bread pans too. Sounds like you're doing some fun stuff!

Em said...

I have to get that bread recipe from you. My bread always turns out like loaves of bricks. This looks like a really fun day. You are amazing, you know that?