Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My ROSE colored... ROSES!

The girls started school yesterday. It was super fun! This school year will be alot more intense then last year and alot more intense then the local public schools! Hubby wasn't too sure about the whole thing in the beginning and in fact was wanting me not to go through with it at all. I assured him it was for the best and I convinced him to let me 'try' it out for a few months. He agreed and I did the last few months of kindergarten. Well, I LOVED it and the kids had an AWESOME time! Belle learned to read almost overnight, she also started writing like crazy. Basically it was success! I'm glad I started mid way though kindergarten because I met a alot of veteran homeschoolers and learned alot about different types of curriculum. It was sort of my 'test' period.

So because of those few months I started (tested and tried different things) I'm now sure about which ones are best for my kids and I'm confident that I made the right choices. I also feel like this year I actually know what I'm doing! Even though the kids did great last year, I was kind of floating there for a while and feeling my way around because it was completely out of my element. But I have found my niche and have buckled down and we are on a great path so far!

A proud moment for me was when hubby was 'I think' trying to gently tell me the house had gone to trash and I needed to pick up the tempo on the cleaning! His words were "Babe, okay you've won me over with homeschooling, but now the house is always messy and you never have time to cook anymore!". My mind stopped at "babe, you've won me over..." I was elated! Now, the hard part was over... but I had to somehow continue to still do all the stuff I did before and show him I could do it!
I was more determined then ever to PROVE that I could still clean, cook AND homeschool! I think I've done pretty well. I have my 'off' days for sure, but who doesn't.

I've done alot to prepare for this year and while I'm not quite done with the organization part yet (although I'm about 80% done and will only take another few days or so!) I HAVE done alot of other stuff. Including converting our third bedroom into a school room, which meant that Pinky had to share a room with Belle now. So, it's a little bit of sacrifice...

Anyway, onto the good stuff! Hubby is super supportive of it now (and has been for a while!!) But any lingering doubts I might have had about him thinking I still couldn't handle it were erased this afternoon with a knock on the door. And standing there was a flower delivery guy holding a beautiful bouquet a pink roses in a sage green square vase with balloons floating above them! I wont write out what the card read on here, but it let me know without a doubt that he loves me and it proud of me and wished me luck this school year! I jumped onto instant messenger and told him he was best hubby ever!!! And he truly is!! I love my little family!


1 comment:

Paola said...

I'm catching up with all your posting.
You impress me! Homeschooling sounds to me VERY hard. I'm glad it's working for the girls and for you.