Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Metal Head

Man, poor Elle... as is she didn't already have enough going on in her mouth. She has an extender glued to the roof of her mouth to spread it out, a lip bumper on the bottom teeth AND braces!
Well, add to that her newest addition... HEAD GEAR! I'm totally serious! Her teeth are straitening out perfectly, but she has now developed an overbite which is help with headgear. When the orthodontist yesterday told me this, I had to turn around so Elle didn't see me laughing. I almost had to leave the room because I literally couldn't hold in my laughs! I know that sounds awful!
So, Elle is no longer just a metal mouth but now a metal head! POOR THING!!! Luckily things are going fast, and she wont need any of this stuff much longer. I'm thinking around April or May.
Fortunetely Elle is at the age where it's still 'cool' to have stuff like this... so she isn't bothered in the least. She wore it with pride last night, LOL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, poor Elle. That sounds a little extreme, but I guess they know what they're doing. So you think just a couple of months? And, she thinks it's cool? That's good.

Love you! Mom