Thursday, February 18, 2010

Really Quick...

We lived through the snow. Now it's just the nuisance, I'm waiting for it to get warm enough to melt! But it's still freezing temps here...

I had a birthday last week. I turned 29, the last year I can officially say I'm in my twenties!

Eric got sick over the weekend with some kind of short lived 48 hour flu! Luckily he's over it and it didn't last long. Although it lasted long enough to be passed on to me! I got sick the day he felt better. It's now been about 48 hours for me... I'm feeling alot better, but still very sluggish and tired.

Elle got her report card and did fantastic! Better then last time! Pinky is also doing really well. Although I'm now second guessing myself as to whether or not to put her in kindergarten this fall. She's turns 5 in August... so it's RIGHT on the line! Her teachers this year in pre-k don't think she'll be ready. They say she's doing just fine, it's just that she isn't matured enough...? They said that she can't hold a pencil right, and can't identify letters and numbers (even though she knows the songs, she can't identify a specific letter or number). She can't write ANY letters and barely recognizes her own name. They are working on all that with her but say that it's a maturity thing, not a learning problem. So, hopefully she matures enough between now and August when school starts! I don't know, maybe I'll wait a year... I'm still deciding!

That's the quick version of my life for the past week. Just writing this has made me want to take a nap, LOL!

3 comments:

The Kindle Family said...

I would wait a year. Those things that you mentioned, recognizing letters and numbers, and knowing how to write and write her name and recognize her name a VERY IMPORTANT to know in Kinder. THat's just my opinion. I will have the same issue with Aubrey. Her b-day is in July. SO she will be barely 5 the year she would start kinder. It's a hard decision!

Em said...

I'll have the same problem with Jack, but I agree. There's no reason to rush her. There's actually a popular book out there right now that investigated similar traits in very successful people and one of the factors was if their birthdate was on the cusp, their parents chose to hold them back a bit so that they would be a little older than their classmates.

Anne said...

Too early to decide. You will know what to do when the time gets closer. :)

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully the kids won't get sick!!!!

xoxo