Saturday, February 6, 2010

SNOW WEEKEND

Just as predicted we got several feet of snow. Maryland isn't equipped to handle this much so the whole town shut down. Grocery stores to gas stations alike... it's like a ghost town. We know this because Eric and I went driving around surveying the damage. Quite the winter wonderland! The only other people out were fellow 4x4 SUV owners, also just checking things out. Half the county was/is without power. Luckily we have our power and heat working just fine!

Elle's two best friends live on our street, so she has no shortage of playmates today! The three of them have been out since about 9:30 this morning. They play for hours then retreat inside one of the houses to warm up and eat, then they're back out for several more hours...
Pinky was feeling left out, so we went and picked up a little friend of hers to play at our house. The two of them had alot of fun! Although, unlike the big kids, the little ones only liked playing outside for maybe 30 minutes max. They mostly played barbies up in Pinky's room.

Eric is like superman! It snowed maybe 2-3 feet with snow drifts up to 4 feet, he dug our cars out and shoveled pathways for us to walk. After he finished our house he helped out some of the neighbors and then went down and dug out my friends car. It took him several hours because the snow is so wet and heavy. He's taking a nap right now as I write this! AH, what a good day for a nap!

Okay, I took a billion pictures but have picked a few choice ones to illustrate how crazy it is here! Lets begin, shall we?
This picture isn't from this morning, it's actually from the snow/ice storm we had a few days ago. I walked down to our lake because it was frozen and looked really neat! (BTW, there's no way in hell I can walk down to the lake NOW because the snow today is like 3 feet high!) SO, this is the frozen lake behind our house with the frozen forest across from it!

Okay, THIS is from today! As you can see, I'm safely in my house looking out onto our deck! Barbecue anyone??

I am still somewhat safe in my house, peaking out the front door to my neighbors tree...

Okay, I'm definitely outside now! This is after Eric shoveled the sidewalk looking towards our front door.

In this picture I am in the same spot I was in for the last picture, only instead of facing our front door, I'm facing my left... there USED to be a sidewalk there...

My wonderful husband digging out the cars!

My husbands cute butt! Here he is, after he did all around OUR house, he went and started on a neighbors car.

This is a shot from the street looking up st someones car. This is what they ALL looked like before the owners came out to dig them out...

Looking down my street... it's still snowing buckets in this picture!

I made a snow fort for the kids, but it looks like the dog likes it best!

The snow height compared to Pinky's height!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Wow! That is a crazy amount of snow! It looks so COLD! How fun..until you need to go somewhere. Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive!

Em said...

Whoa! I guess I can't complain about the downpour we had here over the weekend that flooded my closet. : )

Tami said...

I'm glad for husbands who shovel. Joseph's on call tonight, so that leaves this storm for me to shovel... I'm not looking forward to it. Atleast I'll get a good workout.

Thomas Barnum said...

Yikes, that is a LOT of snow! It's not that bad here is Vegas, though we have already got more rain than we did last year.

When it's like that outside, I just want to get a good book and read and perhaps have some popcorn and hot chocolate.

Tell Eric hi for me, too.