Friday, January 16, 2009

Peanut Butter

One of the girls' lessons consisted of making peanut butter the other day. Wierd... but okay...
I got a bag of peanuts. We had to have a cup of shelled peanuts. I thought it would be more fun to shell our own! I was wrong! Pinky just ate all the ones she shelled and Belle liked taking her sweet time... in between talking. So, I basically shelled them. And getting a cup of them is harder then you think.

They had fun after that though, when we stuck all the ingrediants in the blender!

Then we ate it for lunch on bread. The kids thought it was great. I didn't really like it because it tasted like mashed peanuts...on bread. While I wouldn't do it again, it WAS fun for the kids to try out once!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, is that Saxon math 1st grade? We did that recently too. And we didn't like the peanut butter.

The cool family! said...

LOL, why yes it is!! Yeah, I thought it was a wierd lesson!