Monday, January 5, 2009

Update on the car

Well, that was fast. I was expecting weeks and weeks of waiting. But today USAA called hubby and told him the car was declared totaled. They said they total it if the damage is over 75% of the cars worth. We owed somewhere in the mid 20's on the car, the adjuster said they could tell we took really good care of it because it was in near perfect shape. And they stopped assessing damage at 21,000. That hadn't even touched on the engine damage yet! The 21,000 was only for the cosmetic stuff. But already was way over the 'totaling' limit. I am a little bummed and there are a few things in the trunk I need to get out before they get rid of it.

Now we need to decide what to do from here... get a new car or make due with the SUV for now. Hubby has always wanted a motorcycle...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that happened to your car. That is soo crazy.

On a positive note, I am so thrilled that you get to be sealed! That is soo amazing. I am so happy for you and your family!