Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Furniture!

Eric and I have been on the lookout for a couch to go in our basement for a while! We've had an oversized couch and recliner chair down there for years. Eric had it when I met him. It was a product of him last marriage... maybe that's why I never liked it, LOL! No kidding! It just doesn't fit our style, plus it's a blah color. We wanted to buy something we'd love and keep for a long time. Which is why we've held out and looked for so long.
Well, finally last week we found it! We had the kids with us so we couldn't buy it right then, but I went back on Sunday and bought it. It's being delivered today!!
Last night Eric and I moved our existing couch out onto the patio to make room. And our basement looks HUGE without furniture! I almost hate to fill it up again. Although once I see my NEW COUCH I'll be glad we did it!
I'll post pics later today I hope!


UPDATE: well I called the store because no one had called to confirm delivery, which the salesman said would happen. And wouldn't you know... My couch never made it onto the delivery truck for the day!! The lady apologized and said the soonest they could have it here would be Saturday! I'm not sure how I will pull that off since we are camping again this weekend! I got pissed off because of their mistake and told the lady I wanted the shipping charge refunded to me. Which she did. So at least we have free delivery... But still! I wanted my couch today! It's freezing here and we wanted to have a few fires to break inthe fireplace this season, Lounging on the new couch before we spent the weekend camping in 30-40 degree weather. Oh well, we now have fireplace nights AFTER we get back to look forward too!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Can't wait to see the new furniture! Bet it will be awesome! Camping again! WOW. It must have been really fun. I sooo can't imagine camping in this cold weather....berrrr.

Tami said...

I hope it doesn't rain on your camping trip! Looks like your last trip was lots of fun.