Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Camping Is Super Fun

I lost my camera (yes, again!). Which is why it's taken a few extra days to put these up. But all is well now, I've found the camera!

We were one of five families that camped together over the weekend. Luckily we all get along great and it was really fun! The weather has been cold here, but it warmed up for us that Friday and Saturday!

I got to the site during the day to set up and get ready before Eric got there. If you can believe it I set up the tent by myself (never done that before).





When Eric got there he decided it was time for a fire! Here he is using his special fire 'enhancer' (you're going to have to talk to him directly to find out what it is). I'll just say... it left me temporarily blinded to look directly at it!


Two other familes brought dogs so Loki was in heaven. We let the dogs roam free all weekend. They stayed close to camp. They played, ate and slept together. Very cute!! P.S. That is not Erics leg!




Between all the familes, there were about 10 kids. Pinky had a great time because they were ALL her age! Poor Elle played with them a little...


But mostly she was too cool to hang with the 'babies'!


We hung around the campfire until about midnight.


Then I tried sleeping, but had my first lesson in tent setup... clear all fallen acorns away from tent pad site! I was up all night rolling on acorns. Eric bought me a pad to sleep on, but LOKI slowly pushed me off! I ended up on the bed of acorns and he lounged comfortably on the pad all night. Stupid dog!

Here we are making breakfast and cleaning up...


Ah, another successful camping trip. I mean... Ah, our first successful camping trip!

2 comments:

Em said...

I love your posts, Ryann! It makes it feel like you guys aren't so far away. That picture of Elle reading is so sweet. Did you see our post a couple of weeks back with Finn in his little cocoon reading? Actually, I usually feel bad for Jack. We have a lot of friends with kids Finn's age and poor Jack is always trying to keep up.

It looks like a great camping trip, acorns and all!

Anne said...

You are a camper now! I can't believe you even set up the tent! WOW! Looks like you guys had fun.