Monday, October 26, 2009

I won something!

For anybody who knows me, knows I love food and can eat/snack on good food all day. The older I get the less forgiving my metabolism is!

My aunt Bell got me a magazine subscription to EVERYDAY FOOD, which is a great catalog, I cook from it all the time (I will be making some of those pies they have in it this month!) When it comes in the mail I get excited because I know what I'll be doing that evening, LOL!

Well, now I will be getting another cooking magazine! There is a cooking blog I follow and it held a contest last week. The winner got a years free subscription to TASTE OF HOME. I checked her blog today and saw that I'd won, YIPPEE!!!!! Here's the link to it so you can see!!http://dinner-inspiration.blogspot.com/
Where it says 'the cool family' won... yeah, that's me :-)
You can also clink the link in the list of blogs I have on the left, it's the one called Pinks Dinner!

Too bad it isn't here today... I have ground beef thawed and not a clue what to make with it.

4 comments:

Anne said...

How cool is that? Hope the magazine is awesome, but if it isn't no worries, because it is FREE! COOL!

Em said...

Ha! I was just going to write 'how cool is that?' Very, apparently. Go Ryann!

Ryann, this isn't very creative, butI make taco salad for us a lot. That way I can make burritos or tacos for the boys and then Patrick and I can have salads, which are...ahem...a little lighter for my mature metabolism. Patrick adds heaps of cheese and chips so he doesn't feel cheated, ha!

pdore said...

Congratulations! Was it random or did you send in a recipe?

Bell said...

I don't know if you would be interested, Ryann, but I just completed something that I personally am very excited about - I planned a year of menus, with recipes and all, week by week. I made a few meals during the week that do "double duty" - that is, you can make two different meals out of one. (here's a sample week:

Summer 15

Tex-Mex buttermilk tenders
Southwestern ranch
Smashed red potatoes
Gulliver's corn
(Second meal: Tex-Mex chopped chicken salad)

Lemon caper chicken
Rice pilaf
Green beans
(Second meal: lemon caper pasta toss & spinach salad)

Pork black-bean salad
Cheese quesadillas
(Second meal: black-bean chili w/ cilantro cream & Gulliver’s corn cakes)

Fresh orange cake with cream cheese frosting)

I also planned it by summer/winter, the summer dishes being either stove-top or crock pot so you don't heat up the house, and the winter dishes mostly baked.

Let me know if you want a copy!

(btw Did you know Em won tickets to Pee Wee Herman's movie in high school by winning a "who can do the stupidest dance?" contest? Yep - that's us, your COOOOL aunts!

Love you!