Monday, October 19, 2009

My wonderful couch!


Well, our couch came finally, it looks fantastic! We had some company over the weekend, and we lounged on the new couch with a fire going... NEVER again! My couch is only two days old and already there were crusty things on it from kids' dirty hands and a water ring from someone putting their drink down on my NEW MICRO SUEDE SECTIONAL!!! Who does that?? I was pretty upset last night! Although, I have to call the store, because they were supposed to scotch guard it to repel water... not leave water rings!!! No one is ever allowed to sit on it again unless they wash their hands and if they have children... leave them at home!

Getting new furniture is making me want to unclutter my whole house! We actually got rid of ALOT of stuff this morning. We donated it and most of it is sitting in our yard waiting to be picked up. We have two couches, 5 reclining chairs, a chest, a hutch, and coffee table, a lamp and a massage table! My living room is SO empty now! But pretty soon I'll go buy all new furniture, YAY!

2 comments:

Em said...

Ha! Yeah, you might be better off waiting about 10 years or so for the new furniture. I highly recommend couches with slip covers. Our couch is white and it's far from perfect, but we just throw it in the wash with a bunch of bleach every now and then and voila.

Maybe you could cover your new couch with a slip cover for a bit, or just throw a big blanket over it when people with little people come to visit.

The cool family! said...

That's what I'm thinking... keep blankets all over it!