Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday!

Ah... who doesn't love SHOPPING! And it's even better with huge crowds, long lines and in the cold darkness of the night (or very early morning that is).
Yes, another successful round of Christmas shopping complete! My game plan was to get up at 3am, shower and leave by 4am. But what really happened was I got up at 3am... didn't feel like showering, so I went back to bed until a little before 4am, THEN got up (without showering), got dressed and was at Macys by 4:30! Then I wandering around the mall after that. I had to make a few trips out to the car to unload my bags before continuing on!

Hubby and his family were going to go to Hershey Park today with the kids. But I got a call at 9am saying that Pinky was too cranky and sick to be outside all day. So, I stopped at home to pick sicky up! And what better way to get rid of a cold then to SHOP! So, I toted her around with me the rest of the way. We stopped and had lunch in there at some point. We finally got home at 2pm! We obviously took a nap! So, here I am now... up from a nap and ready to unload the car.

And I am proud to say that I am DONE shopping this holiday. All in all, I hit about 15 stores. (Kohls had the longest line, it wrapped clear around the store... it went fast though) Sure, I might see a few things here and there, but my list is complete! Phew... it's hard work shopping for 10 hours strait!!

4 comments:

pdore said...

I missed the obligatory Thanksgiving post!!

The cool family! said...

HAHA yeah, that's true I guess! Black Friday overshadowed it, LOL! No, it was good.. we ate Turkey and pie...fun was had by all! I actually have a few pics, maybe I'll post them.

Anne said...

Holy SMOKES! That is just way, way to early to get up! Hope you saved TONS of money and loved all those LONG lines. Call me sometime and fill me in on all the good deals I missed out on living in the middle of NO where! :)

ennbenn said...

You're so brave!! Hey there cuz! I'm glad you found me! I didn't even know that you had a blog until Belcantomom showed me yours a week or so ago. You're girls are so cute!! Wow, it's beena while since I've seen you last. Belle was just a little one! I'm so glad to see how well things are going for you and your cute family. Belcantomom and I are the only ones with blogs right now, but we're trying to talk Nat into doing one, too. Hey, I was reading your past blogs, and you had one where you found a fool proof bread recipe. Do you care to share? I have one, but it is with Canadian flour and I'm now out of Canadian flour, and I CANNOT get my bread to work. I need some suggestions. Have a good one!