Monday, November 3, 2008

Dinner in a Pumpkin

When asked by my hubby what we were having for dinner on Halloween, I proudly announced "Dinner in a Pumpkin". Seeing as how he had never heard of such a thing, the whole idea of cooking dinner IN a pumpkin sounded preposterous and he didn't seem confident in my ability to make such a strange sounding concept taste good. We instead had pizza that night.

Tonight though, he couldn't escape! He worked all day, I was home and thus in charge of dinner! I was determined to make him like it, if only because I'd talked it up so much. The truth is I had never had it either but it LOOKED like something that should be incorporated into every homes Autumn dinner menu. I found the best looking recipe online, prayed I would completely ruin my chances of ever trying this again by having it suck this one time... then I went for it. When asked again tonight what we were having for dinner, I said as cheerfully as I could on instant message (by adding a smiley face!) that were having Dinner in a Pumpkin tonight honey! Hubby asked if it would be good, I assured it it would be great (saying another prayer!), then hopped off instant message before he could object.

I layed out our festive fall runner and displayed my wondrous pumpkin dinner among lit candles. It LOOKED good at least! We sat down to eat. I nonchalantly asked if it was good. Yes, he liked it! He even had seconds! He admitted he'd never thought of pumpkin as food in that way (besides buying the purred stuff in cans), but that he liked it. YAY! Mission accomplished. Now for my next experiment...





1 comment:

Sarah said...

You'll have to post the recipe!