Sunday, November 9, 2008

Random Stuff...

For art the other day I had the kids make trees! I had them collect leaves outside and they made the tree from brown paper bags. They turned out super cute! We have them on display on the kitchen table. An interesting thing I learned about Belle... she loves to clean bathrooms! This photo I got after I opened the bathroom door the other day to find her in there cleaning away with rubber gloves and everything! Hmmm, now to use this super power to my advantage! The girls slept over at my mom Friday night (aw... date night!!) and in the morning we all went hiking in the woods behind our house. The lake looked bigger with the leaves mostly gone from the trees, you could see more of it in a sweeping glance then usual. I like having bare trees because from the windows in our home you can plainly see the lake. Whereas all summer, you can't see it at all!

We've started doing fires already this year. We have an entire cord of wood to last the winter. That's enough for a fire every night! Which is what we usually do anyway during the winter months. Who doesns't love the smell of a burning fireplace! I can't wait for snow! And with snow comes CHRISTMAS!!!!

1 comment:

Em said...

I LOVE these pictures! I'm going to put the one of your Mom and Pinky up as my new screensaver. How pretty your lake looks. I'm so jealous.

Finn was thrilled to get a call from Eleanor today and even Jack said hello and then got a big grin on his face when he heard Eleanor's voice. I'm so glad we have pictures that we can show them regularly so they remember each other for the next time we all get to visit.