Sunday, November 9, 2008

Field Trip Friday

This weeks field trip was to the Museum of Natural History. It worked out well because on Monday we watched 'Night at the Museum' with the kids and Elle LOVED it and wanted to go visit that museum! Even though that particular one was the one in New York, that we could go to the one here in D.C at some point. She was dying to go! Well, on Tuesday I happened to get an email letting everyone know where the field trip was this week and it was to the Natural History Museum! It was serendipitous!

We took the metro there... I will never do that again! I usually drive anyway, but we went with some friends so we decided to take the train from Hell. I'll spare the details but just know that metro trains aren't as great as everyone thinks they are.



The Museum itself was actually recently redone and looked great! I love Museums and I actually learned alot of facts that I had never heard before. For instance I learned what a 'Morgie' is and how it shaped animal evolution. I discovered the Hope Diamond is 42.52 carats. Belle was NOT impressed! I think she was expecting a giant monster diamond, but instead it's on a necklace.


Part of the movie we watched on Monday had Easter Island heads that came to life at night and talked. So, the kids really wanted to see the heads! Pinky kept telling me that these one also came to life and really talked at night! These ones were a little smaller then the ones in the movie, but it was still very neat to see one in person.


So all in all a good day... until the train ride BACK home...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Someday you have to share why the metro is so awful. We loved it when we were there!