Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Another day in the life of me

I meant to get up at 4:45, I really did! Since coming back from vacation it has been impossible for me to resume my routine of going to the gym. I went yesterday for the first time in two weeks. I was good to go back! But I could tell I was dragging because it had been a while.

I pride myself on going pretty diligently every day for the past two years... so WHY can't I seem to get my butt out of bed these past two weeks? School will be starting soon and I NEED to establish my routine again. My days ran alot smoother when I got us and worked out before the house was awake.

Speaking of school, I have so much to do still! I only have ordered half of Belles ciriculum. I have her grammer, lanquage arts, reading, writing and history all ready. I still have to get her math (including manipulatives), spelling and science. I am PUMPED for this coming year, we have a jam packed year of super fun stuff!

As of right now though, we have nowhere to do any of it. The project I've assigned myself this summer is to paint Belle's room then move BOTH girls into it. Then paint Pinky's old room and convert it into the 'school' room. I've taken several 'before pics' and when I'm done, I'll post the before and afters! Right now I'm done painting Belle's room, but I still have to move all the furniture and paint the other room... then move more furniture. It seems never ending. Boy, will I be glad when this is done!

The weather has been so nice out, I think after I post this I'll take the kids out before I hunker down for the rest of the day and rearrange furniture, forcing them to watch Spongebob all afternoon (although they don't mind at all!)

Last but not least... today is Pinky's actual BIRTHDAY! Three years ago today I was having my baby shower (very uncomfortably and in pain). It ended at noon, and I went strait to the hospital because I was in so much pain. I had a non-stress test which showed the baby in distress, so they induced me right then. But because I was having pre term labor for months prior to that, she practically fell out because I didn't have far to go before it was 'time'. So, I got to the hospital about 12:30pm and she was born at 3:13pm! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PINKY!

THEN



NOW

3 comments:

Tami said...

I love seeing these pictures. We miss you guys so much. It's hard to imagine you guys with such a big dog. We're thinking of getting one, or Joseph is and the kids keep asking.

Brits said...

I saw you post on BBC. It's probably something in your code. I think your settings are too wide. Do you know how to fix that? You can send the code to me and I'll tell you what to fix. brittanyterry@gmail.com

Lisa said...

Ryan Barnum is that you? I found your page thru Tami's. It's fun to read your blog! I CANNOT believe how much your girls have changed! They are beautiful!
Lisa Juhasz
http://lisababe23.blogspot.com