Friday, August 8, 2008

Educational experience

Okay, so I TRY to incorporate a little education into our 'fun' activities. So they learn without realizing it (sneaky, I know, LOL!)
Our house backs up to a big lake here so we often go play down there. Today was one of those days. I had some leftover chocolate cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory last night and both the kids wanted some today. So, I packed it up along with a blanket and we headed for the lake!

For the hidden educational part, I made them describe stuff around them before they had a bite. I had to explain what the word 'describe' meant, and then they went crazy with it because they wanted cheesecake. Belle would descibe stuff and Pinky would just say exactly what Belle had said (she's still a bit young for doing it herself). But togather they polished off the dessert... pinky was a little obsessive about it...





The girls really use their imaginations when we come down here and could easily spend all afternoon playing. I love nature! it's a great learning tool!

No comments: