Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crafts, crafts and more crafts!!

Today I did some of the wall art for the girls' room. It's a Pottery Barn knockoff which looked easy on another blog I saw. But it was actually fairly hard. I am NOT creative in any way! And even this simple project took me several hours, it was fun though! Belle helped out some. These retail for like 35.00 each from the Pottery Barn website (yeah, they look alot more cute then mine... but mine are still cool!)

I started out with a blank white canvas (6 of them).


Then I painted them different pastel colors as a base.


Then I cut out fabric from Pinkys old crib bedding (I LOVED the pattern), and mod podged it onto the painted canvas!


Here's Belle holding some of them up.


I had alot of extra fabric so I decided to revamp my daily planner! It used to be this bright green plastic...


But as you can now see, it is now super adorable!

This is what my kitchen looked like all afternoon while I was doing this!


All I have to say is... MOD PODGE IS COOL STUFF!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Looks like fun, and they look really cute. I agree with you, modge podge is cool stuff.