Saturday, April 3, 2010

My cute singing children!

So, the closer it gets to Pinky's surgery, the more I'm reminded I need to videotape her talking and singing before it's all gone! Of course she'll keep talking and singing but her entire voice will be changed forever. I'm excited for the 'new' her, but she's 4 and having this done and having her voice change will suddenly make her sound alot more grown up. I know I'll really miss my little baby.
With Elle I can't remember the specific time when she officially changed from baby to big girl, it happened slowly over time until one day I realized she was just so old! With Pinky, I know this will be the defining moment of her not being so little anymore. I feel like crying every time I think about it! I'm done having kids, I've purged my house of all things 'baby' (clothes, toys, etc...), I sinisterly laugh to myself when all my friends around me have baby strollers and diaper bags because I'm FREE of all that stuff. So I really relish those last stages in Pinky, knowing they are my last!
All weekend I've been following her around with the video camera, which mostly annoys her but I managed to get a few cute shots. My goal was really to capture her talking and singing in her little cute albeit, nasally voice that I will miss so much!

This video that I'm posting is a funny one! Both the girls decide to sing songs to each other and it's really funny to see their facial expressions, then in the end Pinky tackles Elle. AH, sisters!

You'll notice while you watch it that Pinky sounds a bit funny. What you hear as funny though, is what I will miss terribly!!! Also notice that wierd pink ring around her mouth... that would be shimmer lip gloss she put on herself before I started taping.

1 comment:

Em said...

OMG, I love this! Good luck Pinky-boo. We're thinking of you.